ontario summit trail races
We will be hosting a spring trail half marathon and marathon distance race at Ontario county park.
We are finalizing the course and will have more information regarding it soon. We are awaiting
permission for use of a section of trail. With that said we do have an alternate plan. Be assured either
way you will running mostly on some great singletrack that you might not run too often but will want to
Here are the details that we can tell you so far:
- Saturday May 30, 2015 morning start.
- limited to 150 runners. Thats 150 TOTAL not per distance
- The course will be a half marathon distance loop
- terrain is high percentage single track, in the woods, very rolling....undulating more like it
- if permission granted one sizeable elevation change
- aid station about every 3 to 4 miles with water, electrolyte drink, gels, more....
- finishers award
- commemorative gift: i.e. shirt, hat, boxers
- post race feed
- awards for both distances: Men/Women following categories; Overall masters, Overall 3 deep, standard 10
year age groups 2 deep. No double dipping.
- Cost early preregistration $40 half, $50 full.
- registration will open on ultrasignup.com.
- very spectator friendly course
Amenities available at Ontario County park:
- There will be indoor flushing toilets.
- indoor seating for food and awards if needed
- If some of you carpool there will be plenty of parking if you follow instructions on how and where to park
- campsites available either with or without power (must make reservations with Ontario county)
- several other pavilions available for rent also (must make reservations with Ontario county)